COVID-19 Outbreak Updates – January 15, 2021 at 3:00pm
Concordia Place is continuing to address an outbreak of COVID-19. To date in total there have been 13 resident cases, 3 staff cases and 1 COVID resident death. Currently, there are 12 active resident cases on site; 3 staff cases are recovered.
Outbreak protocols are in place at our facility to ensure the ongoing protection of residents and staff.
To help stop the spread of COVID-19, the following measures have been implemented in addition to asymptomatic resident testing and contact tracing:
- Admissions to the facility remain suspended.
- Affected COVID-19 residents will be temporarily moved and cared for in our dedicated COVID-19 room.
- Visitor restrictions remain in place for all indoor visits as per the Provincial Guidelines. However, Managers may make exceptions for compassionate reasons. We encourage families to continue virtual visits with their loved one as much as possible. Provincial PCH Visitation Guidelines are available at https://sharedhealthmb.ca/files/covid-19-pch-visitation-principles.pdf
- Communal meals and recreation activities continue to be modified.
These measures continue:
- Enhanced environmental cleaning and disinfection of high touch surfaces.
- Ensuring the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment, including donning and doffing of equipment.
- Ensuring physical distancing on units and common areas.
- Promoting proper hand hygiene practices.
- Ensuring staff are self-screening before reporting to work and taking appropriate action if symptomatic.
We are committed to doing all that we can to contain transmission of COVID-19 and to providing your loved one with ongoing care and compassion. Our efforts are focused in continuing to keep residents, staff and our community safe.
Regular updates will be provided on this web page as the situation unfolds.
Kyla Gilmour │Director of Resident Services
Past communications & memos
Who we are…
Welcome! We are honoured that you have chosen Concordia Place as your new Home! We strive to provide compassionate care and services in a home-like environment, guided by Concordia’s Purpose and Values Statements.
Concordia Place is a 140 bed Personal Care Home which opened its doors in May 2000, and is governed by the Concordia Hospital Board of Directors. Concordia Place is a faith based organization and a member of Interfaith Health Care Association of Manitoba (IHCAM). Concordia Place operates within a Personal Care Home Service Purchase Agreement with the WRHA and is an active participant of the WRHA PCH Advisory Council.
We hope you find Concordia’s Services Directory to be informative. In it you will learn more about Concordia Place care, services and other features that may interest you from time to time.
If your are interested in a tour or have any questions or feedback about services at Concordia Place, please contact Monika Sawatzky at 204-661-7186.