COVID-19 management strategies in Long Term Care Updates
June 26, 2020
While COVID-19 activity remains very low in the province, as per the news media announcement earlier this week, Concordia Place will begin permitting limited indoor visits starting the week of June 29, 2020.
The indoor visits are a supplement to the outdoor visits already in place, which will continue and will be the preferred manner to visit your loved one.
Indoor visits will provide an alternate option during inclement weather or for residents where an outdoor visit is not ideal based on their care and support needs.
The attached letter provides details about implementation plans at Concordia Place. Of particular note, visitors are required:
COVID 19 Indoor PCH Visitation Letter
- to comply with Infection Prevention and Control measures (strict hand hygiene and
maintaining physical distancing of 6 feet/2 metres),
- to be screened before entry
- to sign in and out of each visit, and
- to wear a non-medical mask for the duration of the visit. Please ensure that you
bring a non-medical mask to every visit since there are no masks available for purchase
at Concordia Place
If you believe your loved one requires an indoor visit based on their care or support needs, please contact the appropriate Clinical Manager.
Shannon Croft, Clinical Manager 1st and 2nd Floors at 204-661-7294
Amy Anis, Clinical Manager 3rd and 4th Floors at 204-661-7217
If you have any questions , you may also feel free to contact Kyla Gilmour, Director of Resident Services at 204-661-7106.
- The number of essential visitors identified for outdoor visits is no longer limited to four individuals.
- To add additional essential visitors:
- Visit the Concordia Place website at https://concordiaplace.ca/ and submit the additional visitor names/contact information using the online form, or
- Contact Chris Riordan, Administrative Assistant at 204-661-7372 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Contact Shannon Croft, Clinical Manager 1st & 2nd Floors at 204-661-7294 or email@example.com
- PLEASE NOTE: As much as possible, we are working to schedule a visit for a resident once every 1 to 1 ½ weeks.
- To add additional essential visitors:
With opening up the opportunity for more family members to visit, recurring visits that have already been arranged will continue as planned. However, we understand that family members / friends may need to adjust the appointment time and/or who will attend at the scheduled time to accommodate these family members / friends added to the visiting list.
- If you need to change the appointment time to accommodate the visitor, please let us know and we will do our best to schedule a suitable visit appointment.
- If the appointment time does not need to be changed, we will update our daily visitor log with the visitor names and contact information at the appointment time.
- The restriction on bringing food/beverages and items to the outdoor visit has been revised. Food/beverages and items may be brought during outdoor visits, however, based on Infection Prevention and Control best practice recommendations, we continue to request that food items are brought in a wipeable plastic container.
In addition personal care items, the list of appropriate resident items has been eased to allow items such as newspapers, cards, books, food, toys, electronic games, plants, and flowers, as long as the items are dedicated to the intended resident only.
As noted, based on Infection Prevention and Control best practice recommendations, we continue to request that food items are brought in a wipeable plastic container.
In addition, we continue to request that deliveries are arranged Monday to Friday (except statutory holidays) between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm as the drop off location between the double doors is not monitored during non-office hours. If you have questions, please contact your clinical manager (Shannon Croft, 1st & 2nd Floors @ 204-661-7294 or Amy Anis, 3rd & 4th Floors @ 204-661-7217) or Kyla Gilmour @ 204-661-7106.