Dear Concordia Place residents’ families and friends,
Updated Public Health guidance includes the loosening of a number of restrictions for Manitobans in indoor public spaces and private businesses, to take effect August 7, 2021 for further review on September 7. In personal care home environments, where residents are at greater risk of severe illness from COVID-19 the guidelines for visitation, wearing of masks and other restrictions will remain the same at this time. The following “Frequently Asked Questions“ document provide information regarding the variation between Public Health orders and Guidance for Personal Care Homes that pertains to Concordia Place residents, families and loved ones.
As Personal Care Homes and Winnipeg remain in Pandemic Response Level Red – Critical, the following measures are in place to reduce risk of exposure and ensure ongoing protection of residents and staff:
- Ensuring the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment for green zone precautions, which includes wearing a mask and eye protection
- Promoting proper hand hygiene practices
- Ensuring staff are self-screening on entry to the site before reporting to work and taking appropriate action is symptomatic
- Active screening of visitors and external providers at the main entrance to Concordia Place; for more details on visitation, please access the link above
- Ensuring physical distancing on units, in visitation spaces, and common areas
- Continuing enhanced environmental cleaning and disinfection of high touch surfaces
- Continuing to monitor residents for signs and symptoms associated with COVID-19 and implementing our management plan if symptoms develop
- Resuming communal meals in the resident dining room and TV lounge areas with physical distancing in place
- Resuming unit-based group activities of five (5) participants or less with physical distancing in place and encouragement for resident participants to wear masks; where possible shared items are not used, but if needed they will be wipeable and disinfected with facility approved disinfectant
- Admissions – In an effort to continue to offer our services, care and support to those individuals who require our environment of care, we have resumed admissions. We are working very closely with the Regional Long Term Care Program to facilitate safe transitions to our community of care and are taking every precaution and following all of the guidelines outlined by Infection, Prevention and Control as noted above.
- Hair Salon Services – Update April 16, 2021 – We are delighted to share that Hair Salon Services resumed April 14, 2021!
We are committed to doing all that we can to preventing the transmission of COVID-19 and to providing our residents with ongoing care and compassion. Our efforts are focused in continuing to keep residents, staff and our community safe.
Kyla Gilmour │Director of Resident Services
Past communications & memos
Who we are…
Welcome! We are honoured that you have chosen Concordia Place as your new Home! We strive to provide compassionate care and services in a home-like environment, guided by Concordia’s Purpose and Values Statements.
Concordia Place is a 140 bed Personal Care Home which opened its doors in May 2000, and is governed by the Concordia Hospital Board of Directors. Concordia Place is a faith based organization and a member of Interfaith Health Care Association of Manitoba (IHCAM). Concordia Place operates within a Personal Care Home Service Purchase Agreement with the WRHA and is an active participant of the WRHA PCH Advisory Council.
We hope you find Concordia’s Services Directory to be informative. In it you will learn more about Concordia Place care, services and other features that may interest you from time to time.
If your are interested in a tour or have any questions or feedback about services at Concordia Place, please contact Monika Sawatzky at 204-661-7186.