Third health-care worker tested positive
November 16, 2020
We have become aware of a third health-care worker in Concordia Place who has tested positive for COVID-19.
On advice of the MOH/Medical Director, asymptomatic residents (those who do not have symptoms of COVID-19) may also be tested (using collection of nasopharyngeal swabs) in order to monitor the presence of COVID-19 at the site.
If your family member is being tested, you will be contacted directly.
We appreciate this is incredibly unsettling news for our residents and their loved ones. Please be assured that we have moved quickly to enact precautions that will prevent any further spread of illness.
The care of our residents’ health is our top priority.
To help stop the spread of the illness, the following measures are in place:
- Visitor restrictions are in place for all indoor visits. Managers may make exceptions for compassionate reasons. Concordia Place will continue to evaluate restrictions according to the appropriate Pandemic Response Level. https://sharedhealthmb.ca/files/covid-19-pch-visitation-principles.pdf
- Admissions to the facility are suspended.
- Staff self-screen before reporting for work to see if testing is required.
- All staff who are in contact with residents will continue wearing protective equipment to further prevent any potential transmission between staff members and residents.
- Communal meals and recreation activities for all residents have been modified. If a resident becomes symptomatic, they will be isolated from other residents. Those dining together will be physically distanced from one another at meal times.
We appreciate your concern for your loved one. Our priority at this time is the care of our residents. Please call Shannon Croft at 204-661-7294 or Amy Anis at 204-661-7217 with any inquiries you may have.
If you recently visited the facility and have questions or concerns about your own health, please contact Health Links-Info Santé at 204-788-8200 or toll-free 1-888-315-9257.
Past communications & memos
- Nov 2, 2020 – Second Health Care Worker Tested Positive
- Oct 21, 2020 – Hospital Worker Tested Positive
- Oct. 15, 2020 – Red (Critical)
- Oct. 1, 2020 – Outbreak resolved
- Sept. 17, 2020 – Outbreak update
- Sept. 3, 2020 – Health-care worker positive test
- July 30, 2020 – Visitation restrictions and Visitor Form
Who we are…
Welcome! We are honoured that you have chosen Concordia Place as your new Home! We strive to provide compassionate care and services in a home-like environment, guided by Concordia’s Purpose and Values Statements.
Concordia Place is a 140 bed Personal Care Home which opened its doors in May 2000, and is governed by the Concordia Hospital Board of Directors. Concordia Place is a faith based organization and a member of Interfaith Health Care Association of Manitoba (IHCAM). Concordia Place operates within a Personal Care Home Service Purchase Agreement with the WRHA and is an active participant of the WRHA PCH Advisory Council.
We hope you find Concordia’s Services Directory to be informative. In it you will learn more about Concordia Place care, services and other features that may interest you from time to time.
If your are interested in a tour or have any questions or feedback about services at Concordia Place, please contact Monika Sawatzky at 204-661-7186.